When you were a Boy Scout or Girl Scout, you may have helped little old ladies across the street, but now, when those old ladies are looking to buy, sell, or refinance a home, will you still be able to help them?
As a REALTOR® with a Seniors Real Estate Specialists® (SRES®) designation, the answer is yes! SRES designees are in a position to address the unique needs of home buyers and sellers over the age of 50.
The SRES designation allows you to:
- Learn about uses of pensions, 401k accounts, and IRAs in real estate transactions
- Learn the application of federal laws for Housing for Older Persons Act (HOPA)
- Gain an understanding of how Medicare, Medicaid, and Social Security impact 50+ real estate decisions
- Recognize mortgage finance and loan schemes and scams that victimize 50+ borrowers
- Recognize how a home can be adapted for safety, comfort, and aging in place
By earning the SRES® designation, REALTORS® are prepared to approach mature clients with the best options and information for them to make life-changing decisions.
Did you know that seniors are the fastest growing market in real estate? They are moving for a variety of reasons that include, being closer to family; living out post-retirement dreams; addressing health concerns. The list goes on and on. Knowing these factors and having the ability to counsel clients on their options is the kind of distinction that sets you apart from the pack and earns you more business.
As the population ages, they have different real estate needs from those of younger consumers. Given the importance of the emerging senior market nationwide, the number of REALTORS® earning the SRES® designation is likely to increase dramatically over the next few years.
Be one step ahead of the crowd by earning your SRES today and take advantage of the networking and educational benefits within a group of REALTORS® who comprise one of the fastest growing markets in the country.