Access to affordable healthcare benefits is one of the most important concerns on American minds right now. One of the reasons is because several major reform provisions legislated under the Affordable Care Act will take effect Jan. 1, 2014. This may leave many REALTORS® wondering what their current comprehensive healthcare benefits cover, as well as lots of questions about the ACA and what options will be available to them now and in the year ahead.
REALTORS® Insurance Marketplace is a key resource that NAR members can turn to for assistance. The Marketplace is a one-stop online shopping site, providing NAR members with a full roster of health insurance plans and wellness products, including medical and dental insurance. It makes insurance easy to understand and convenient to buy. NAR has partnered with SASid (Smart and Simple insurance development), under the REALTOR Benefits® Program, to administer this offering, because they understand the mandates of the Affordable Care Act and the ongoing changes in health care reform. SASid’s team of licensed benefits specialists can help NAR members understand what they need to do, both now and moving into 2014, when the Affordable Care Act comes into play.
Via the Marketplace NAR members looking for major medical insurance have access to the following options:
NAR’s Private Health Insurance Exchange for REALTORS®
- Features many of today’s top insurance companies, with carrier and plan availability growing weekly.
- Members can shop for and enroll in a Qualified Health Plan (QHP) – for plan effective dates of January 1st, 2014 and beyond – which will meet the mandates of the ACA.
- Qualified Health Plans are guaranteed acceptance – you cannot be turned down for pre-existing conditions, and those pre-existing conditions are covered.
Public/Government Health Insurance Exchange
- SASid can help members determine if they qualify for a premium credit and, if so, will assist them in shopping for and enrolling in coverage through Public/Government health insurance exchanges.
- Note: accessibility to Public/Government exchanges differs from state to state. SASid is able to guide members through current options.
- Additional health insurance options include access to supplementary limited indemnity medical plans which can help make health insurance more affordable (REALTORS® Core Health Insurance) and short term insurance.
Major medical plans from top-rated insurance carriers are offered as an exclusive membership benefit. Pending state availability, several types of plans are provided through the Marketplace, including HMOs, PPOs, High Deductible health plans and health savings accounts.
NAR members can also use the exchange to search for healthcare plan variables such as deductible amounts, coverage pricing, types of plans described above and unique coverage options such as prescription drug programs or maternity care.
Consulting Advice, Eligibility & More
All members with a valid NRDS ID are eligible to view full plan options and obtain a quote. If you do not know your NRDS ID, click here to look it up. SASid representatives have helped thousands of REALTORS® obtain insurance coverage, and can be reached directly by calling 1-877-267-3752. You can also click here to gain a more comprehensive overview about NAR’s Major Medical Health Insurance Exchange.
Health coverage rules, regulations and options will be a source of consistent change for most Americans moving forward. That is why NAR’s REALTORS® Insurance Marketplace will remain an important and exclusive resource for members—one tasked to provide as many answers and workable healthcare solutions as possible for all REALTORS®.